When web developers talk about web design, they mainly focus on the user experience. This includes its layout, appearance, and responsiveness. How a website is designed is essential since it is the first impression to the target audience. It is, therefore, worth a great deal of investment to ensure that the design incorporated in your website serves your audience’s needs. Here is why using responsive website design is critical to your digital marketing presence.
What is a Responsive Website Design?
As the name suggests, a responsive website design is a developmental approach that diversifies user experience and contrives the website so that it responds to the distinct behavior of the end-user. Whether users opt to use a desktop, laptop, or mobile phone, the website’s components fit perfectly on the different screen sizes.
How It Works
The population accessing the internet through mobile devices rather than desktop computers has dramatically increased over the past decade. Statistics show that as of November 2020, the website traffic generated by mobile devices (tablets excluded) was 50.81% of the total traffic generated worldwide.
This insight has called for web developers and website owners to consider adopting designs that will allow mobile device users to access their websites as desktop users conveniently. This shift to responsive web design is necessary to increase the website audience and, consequently, increase conversions.
Top Reasons Why Responsive Web Design is Important
- It is User Friendly and Ensures Easy Accessibility – The most integral feature of responsive web designs is their ability to be accessed from individual devices. This renders it user-friendly since one can access the same website or webpage from many devices. For e-commerce websites, this increases total sales significantly, given that users can conveniently make purchases from different devices.
- Easy and Quick Website Update – A responsive design enables you to make updates or changes to a single version of the website, and changes are reflected in all screen sizes. It has been observed to be time-saving and cuts cost since the load of work is notably reduced, and the need to have different website versions (for small-sized screens and large ones) is eliminated.
- Enables Sharing of Your Links by Users – When a user shares a link to your website from a laptop to a user with a smartphone, a responsive web design is possible. If the website is not responsive, a shared desktop user link would be useless to the mobile phone user. This too plays a critical role in increasing the website’s audience.
- Promotes Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – With improving technology and digitization, search engines can now link mobile phone websites and desktop ones. Search engines mostly rank responsive web designs higher in their pages.
- The Mobile Segment – This is one of the most significant benefits of using a responsive website design. The method enables you to create a mobile segment from which you can view all the traffic generated by your website. Traffic statistics are essential in monitoring website performance and getting insights on what strategies will maximize traffic.
For a free estimate, fill out our project questionnaire so that we can start learning more about you and your company. Then our experts will contact you to discuss your needs in more detail so that we can provide a proposal for your project. Contact Us Today!